Medical Negligence Lawyer in Scranton, PASkilled Medical Negligence Attorney Servicing the Scranton Area
For many people, the fear of something going wrong in the middle of a medical procedure is just that, a fear. However, it can become a reality for many. Though everyone can make mistakes, a mistake in the medical field could be detrimental. These medical errors can have catastrophic results, such as brain injury, stroke, heart attack, or infection.
At Latona Law, we specialize in these cases. To be awarded compensation, you need assistance from a medical negligence lawyer in Scranton, PA, that has the necessary experience. Our team has the resources required to properly investigate and take on the healthcare providers involved in your case to work towards earning your compensation.
What is Considered Medical Negligence?
It can be challenging to determine what is and is not considered medical negligence. Doctors are human, and humans make mistakes. Not every mistake can be regarded as negligence, but if the error made falls below the medical standard of care, it could be eligible for a lawsuit.
If you think you or a loved one may be a victim of medical malpractice, you must meet the following criteria:
- Proof that you were a patient and had an established relationship with the accused doctor or nurse
- Evidence that a violation of the standard of care occurred
- Evidence that a violation resulted in an injury
- Proof that the injury resulted in major loss or damages
Contact us below or call (570)825-9000 for a FREE birth injury case evaluation:
Common Medical Negligence Cases in Scranton, PA
Medical negligence can occur in many forms, making it incredibly challenging to determine what constitutes a case. At Latona Law, our team will thoroughly research and investigate your claim. This will ensure we have the most accurate record of events possible to secure your compensation.
Common medical negligence cases handled by law firms in Scranton, PA, include:
- Birth injuries, such as cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia, and Erb’s palsy
- Surgical injuries, such as mistakenly puncturing a vital organ or leaving medical tools inside the body
- Misdiagnosis of a potentially fatal illness, where other professionals could have properly diagnosed it
- Improper administration of anesthesia, such as too much, too little, or a poor interaction with the patient’s medication or health condition
- Incorrect prescriptions, such as the wrong medication or an unhealthy dose of the medication
When Medical Negligence Occurs.
Medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the United States, and more than 13,000 doctors have been involved in legal cases. Many times, these cases are considered a civil offense. However, more severe cases, such as when the negligence results in loss of life, can be eligible for a criminal trial.
Before filing your claim, you will need an experienced medical negligence lawyer to review your case. Our team at Latona Law will not quit until you receive deserved compensation for the pain, suffering, and losses you have experienced as a result of someone else’s error.
How Latona Law Can Help
One of the most critical responsibilities of doctors, nurses, and other medical providers is to evaluate and respond to a patient’s symptoms accurately. Failing to do so can have detrimental consequences and could have grounds for a medical malpractice case.
Our malpractice lawyers in Scranton, PA, have 30 years of experience handling these cases. If you are the victim of malpractice or negligence, contact our team to schedule a free consultation where we will review the details of your case. We understand how difficult this situation is for you and your family, and you will not find a more experienced and qualified firm to represent you.